Balsamic Braised Leeks and Peppers
Balsamic vinegar gives a great mellow taste to peppers and leeks. This is pretty versatile when I make it I either purée and use as pasta sauce, make a sandwich with this and cream cheese or purée and add some stock and cream to make a soup
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat the oil and cook the leeks and peppers, gently and covered for 20 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for a further 10 mins uncovered.
- The liquid should have evaporated, if not cook until it has.
- Stir in the parsley, season if needed and dish up.