Leeks may not be a typical side dish, but this recipe has made them the most-requested side in our house. 3 WW points per serving.
- Ready In:
- 4 large leeks, tough outer leaves discarded and trimmed to about 6 inches in length
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Using a sharp knife, trim most of the roots off the end of the leek, leaving enough so that the leek remains attached at the bottom. Cut each leek lengthwise into halves and then cut each half into inch long pieces. Soak leeks in a large bowl of cool water to allow any dirt to settle to the bottom.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks to the skillet. Cook the leeks, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with thyme and cook one minute more.
- Add stock, reduce heat to medium low. Braise the leeks, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until the leeks are very tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this tonight to use 3 fat leeks. Did not have the Thyme, so I used Chipotle peppers instead, I like hot foods. Did this on the grill using both the side burner then on the grill grates with the cover, I covered it for 7 mins,m then removed to thicken the chicken stock and let it simmer for about 7 more mins. It is fantastic!! Has a nice kick of heat and excellent flavors over all! A great side dish or Main dish if you like.Reply
see 22 more