Asparagus and Brie Open Pastry
This is a fabulous open pastry oozing with brie! What more could you ask for? :)
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1⁄3 lb brie cheese, rind removed and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon infused olive oil (I used Mediterranean garlic olive oil)
- salt, to taste
- First preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Take out your large cutting board and dust with flour lightly.
- Gently roll the sheet of puff pastry into a rectangle 16x10 inches.
- Trim the edges if they are crooked.
- With a knife, score (gently) 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle.
- Use a fork and pierce the dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Randomly scatter some baking beans so the dough doesn't poof up badly (you know, the kind you use when blind baking pie dough!).
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Leave your oven on, but remove pastry from the oven.
- Layer the slices of brie over the top (leave a small edge).
- Cut your asparagus to the width of the pastry and arrange in a single layer over your brie slices (you could make it pretty or whatever by putting top to bottom top to bottom alternating ends that are on each side).
- Brush top with the seasoned olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation