- Ready In:
10 half pints
- 2 cups water
- 3 lbs tart apples, cored,peeled and chopped
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 bottle liquid pectin
- In a blender combine water and apples and puree.
- You will need to do this in batches.
- Measure 5 cups of the puree and pour into a large stainless or enamel pot.
- Add the sugar, spices and lemon juice.
- Place on high heat, stirring constantly until a full boil is reached.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in pectin, skim off foam and ladle into jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Adjust times for higher levels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!