Monkey Butter (Monkey Jam)
Tropical tasting jam that has many wonderful uses...fill crepes or cakes, top on toast, eat right out of the jar... Processing time not included. From American Prepper's Network.
- Ready In:
- 5 ripe bananas, no brown spots
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (with the juice)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice (to assure acidity)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (natural or sweetened)
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan slicing bananas over the top. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often to prevent sticking. Continue stirring and mashing your fruit to get a thick consistency; about 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle hot jam into sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Using a chopstick or plastic knife, pop any air bubbles. Wipe rims spotlessly clean and place a sealing lid on top the jar. Place your lid and rings on finger tight and process in a water bath canner for 15 minutes for pint jars and 10 minutes for half-pint jars.
- If jar lid seals it will easily keep for one year in a cool, dark place. If jar doesn't seal, place it in your refrigerator and eat within 3 months, or within one month of opening.
- Note: Product may turn a light pink hue.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more