All Purpose Blueberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan, combine blueberries, 1/2 cup water, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg, if using, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornstarch with the 2 Tablespoons water.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the blueberry mixture; simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Serve sauce warm or cold.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>