This is a strange combination of flavors which somehow works out, particularly if you love the flavor of peanuts AND sesame oil. The secret is cooking the zucchini VERY fast to retain the crunch. It's a side dish good for impressing those "well-traveled eaters" we all know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons sugar (I use Splenda)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1To make sauce: Stir tahini in container thoroughly before measuring. Then blend 3 T. with hot water. Add remaining ingredients one at a time, whisking after each. Set aside.
- 2To make sauté:.
- 3Cut zucchini in half width-wise, then cut each half into 3 spears length-wise.
- 4Heat sunflower oil in skillet until smoking hot.
- 5Carefully add sesame oil.
- 6Quickly add peanuts and stir. Cook them until they begin to brown.
- 7Add in chili powder and garlic, stir. Cook until garlic begins emitting fragrance.
- 8Add zucchini and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- 9Add sherry. Cook until sherry is reduced (around 1-2 minutes).
- 10Add sauce. Immediately lower heat to medium.
- 11Cook 2 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Garnish with sliced green onions before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Sauté With Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 595.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: