Curry Chicken & Peanut Butter Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken quarters (can use breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- Remove skin from chicken. Brown chicken in olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, then remove & set aside. Add onion & garlic to skillet adding curry powder & red pepper flakes & lightly saute' until onion begins to soften. Add flour & stir constantly for 3 - 4 minutes to make a light roux. Lower heat to medium low (about 2 on the dial), then add chicken broth, stirring thoroughly to remove lumps (can use a wisk). Add chicken back to skillet, & cover. Cook for appx. 30 minutes, stirring occassionally & flipping chicken, until chicken is nearly done. Add peanut butter. Mix together & cook for another 10 minutes on low - med. low, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through (no red juices when pierced). Serve over Egg Noodles.
- Can debone chicken after it's cooked & add back to sauce before serving.
- If the sauce gets too thick during cooking, add a little more chicken stock or broth.
- (No measurements were used in the making of this dish so I had to approximate how much I used. Add all to your own tastes.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I agree with the previous reviewer, and I wish I had remembered her review before I made it! This is a pretty great recipe as is, except for the red pepper. I wonder if the poster meant 2 tsp. My husband LOVES heat and all things spicy, but the spice in this WAY overwhelms the other tastes. I can't wait to make this later with maybe 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes.
These were really good guidelines. However if I'd have gotten anywhere near 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes I think I would have died! lol But otherwise some good guidelines for making it your own. :) I'll be making this again, since my husband who "Hates curry" not only went back for seconds, but asked me to make it again soon.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm usually a very private person & one must get to know me before I can be open with them.