Spinach Sauté With Red Bell Pepper & Preserved Lemons
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon, cut in half to make 2 quarters, rinsed &, diced
- 1 (1 lb) bag baby spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add garlic, red pepper and lemon.
- Cook until garlic is golden, and pepper and lemon is softened.
- Add spinach and cook until limp.
Join The Conversation
Jane, this is a great recipe considering you were just looking to clean out your fridge. My upstairs neighbor gave me a whole jar of preserved lemons and I've been slowly going through them. I used regular (adult?) spinach, and one red pepper and one orange pepper. I also added some freshly ground black pepper and some oregano that Evelyn sent me from Greece. A really good side dish. I had a tiny bit left over which I mixed into my omelette for breakfast the next day. A perfect dish for Somersizers, thanks Jane!