Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 leek, white part only,sliced
- vegetable oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups egg substitute, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Steam or microwave the vegetables together until tender, each will cook at the same approximate rate.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a light coat of oil on a heavy ovenproof skillet.
- On medium heat, heat oil, and add half of the egg substitute.
- Sprinkle it with half the thyme and half the black pepper.
- Let it cook for a few seconds, until it begins to bubble, and then use a spatula to pull the sides in and spread the uncooked egg over the bottom of the pan, as if cooking an omelet.
- When this is nearly cooked, add steamed vegetables to pan.
- Evenly pour in the remaining half of the egg substitute, and sprinkle on the remaining thyme and black pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until egg is firm.
This was bland and I can't think of a way to improve it. Sorry!