- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, add eggs and milk.
- Whisk mixture until light and frothy; set aside.
- Pour oil into a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the scallions and saute for 1 minute or just until they are soft.
- Add the shrimp, thyme, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet.
- Saute, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and firm.
- Turn heat to low; pour in the egg mixture; make sure the shrimp and onions are evenly distributed.
- Cover the skillet and cook without disturbing for about 8 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Cut the frittata in half and transfer to individual serving plate (I use a pancake flipper thingy).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was pretty good, but it mostly just tastes like shrimp and eggs. The spice and scallion flavor doesn't come through much. I think it would be better with a butter or hollondaise sauce or something to give it a little more flavor. Not bad and SO fast that I'll try it again with some changes!Reply
Yum NurseDi! Only changes I made were to use brown onions rather than scallions because I didn't have any of the latter, and used some medium sized Australian prawns cut in thirds. In the photograph I posted I was only cooking half the recipe for one in a large wok so you will probably get neater results cooking the recommended quantities, but it tasted really great!Reply