Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Freeze your home grown shredded zucchini so when your pumpkin is ready in the fall in can make this delish cake.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces powdered sugar
- sour cream, if needed
For sides of cake
- 1 -2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Grease and flour 2 9 inch cake pans or 10x13 pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs to blend, add oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beating until thick and foamy.
- Stir in zucchini and pumpkin.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry mixture gently into zucchini mixture just until blended.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with cream cheese frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:.
- Put Frosting ingredients in food processor and mix till creamy add sour cream to make it creamier if necessary.
- Press pine nuts into sides of cake.
- Eat Away!
wow.. this cake is really good... I did everything as stated except I didnt use the pine nuts... dont really like nutty cakes.. :-) and I left 1/2 the cake without icing.. as I liked the flavor of it even w/out icing! I had to borrow a pan to make this lol... hope I dont forget to return it! :-X Thanks for the wonderful recipe.. this one has so many of my favorite ingredients in it! So many good recipes Rita! ;-) Keep em' comin!!