Recipe by Pets'R'us
Nice summer pate, you can easily double the recipe for a large crowd. I sometimes add some paprika powder. Also nice spread on a sandwich and then topped with tomato and cucumber.
Top Review by Junebug
This recipe has easy to follow directions and is simple to assemble. The flavor of this is a wonderful blend of delicious flavors. The longer it is in the fridge the more pronounced the flavors become. PetRus, thank you for sharing this recipe!
- 8 ounces zucchini
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 -4 ounces cream cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely grate the zucchini, mix with the vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Leave this in a sieve, you can line it with cheese cloth if you have it, cover and leave for an hour or so.
- In your food-processor, process the parsley and chives until finely chopped.
- Squeeze the zucchini to get as much moisture out as possible, with just your hands or whilst in the cheese cloth.
- Add the drained zucchini to the food-processor, process until smooth.
- Then add the cream cheese, some salt and pepper to taste, process until it is well combined.
- Put the pate in a small bowl, cover and put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- If you line the bowl with cling film you can turn it out of the bowl, peeling of the cling film, dust the pate with some paprika, then garnish with some thin cucumber slices around it, but this is optional.
- Serve with pita toasts.