Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are an excellent way to use up all that zucchini that has threatened to take over your garden. I took these to work and they were a huge hit. A variety of herbs would work. Try oregano or thyme for a little variety.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons dried basil (Yes, it will look like a lot. Don't worry it isn't too much!)
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 18 muffin tins with butter or shortening.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Stir in milk and oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture, just until moistened. Batter should not be completely smooth.
- Gently fold in zucchini and basil.
- Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full. Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and serve warm.
excellent! I substituted soy flour for some of the white flour. Also added sage and oregano to the fresh basil. Very clean tasting, will make again!
Very quick and easy. A different way to use up zucchini. I only used 3 tablespoons of basil, and it seemed enough. Best eaten warm out of the oven!
Great recipe for the lunchbox. Easy to make. I used a za'atar mix of herbs rather than basil, and soy milk but the recipe still worked well and tasted great.