Parmesan Herb Muffins
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin-pan cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, sage, parsley and cheese, blend well.
- Add buttermilk (or sour milk), margarine and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3rds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center coumes out clean.
- Best served warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We liked these. Very nice with soup. I made them with half whole wheat and half white flour. The Parmesan taste was subtle. I didn't especially like the sweetness (though the hubby didn't notice it.) If I make these again (and I probably will), I'll eliminate the sugar and increase the cheese to 1/3 of a cup for a stronger Parmesan flavor. Thanks for the recipe!