Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Vegetables in cookies. What an idea!
- 1 medium zucchini (with skin)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely grate the zucchini and, using several paper towels, squeeze as much moisture as possible out of it. You should have approximately 1 cup of zucchini. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg, then zucchini, and gradually beat in the flour mixture. When the cookie dough has just come together, stir in the raisins.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Cookies will spread, so leave at least 1 1/2 inches between scoops.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes at 350F, until light golden at edges, but not browned all over (which could cause them to be too dry).
- Cool on baking sheet for about 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.