Soft Zucchini Spice Cookies
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add the egg and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini, nuts, raisins, and orange peel.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
these came out completely flat for me, because i was out of butter and used "smart balance" margerine - not at all baking safe. Nevertheless, they tasted so amazing that I scraped them all off the cookie sheet and ate them like cereal. Will make again soon, (with BUTTER, of course; and with the raisins).
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a full time stay-at-home mom of two kids, a girl who's 8 and a very busy 5 yr old son, who has just started Kindergarden and loving it.As am I, I'm starting to sense what freedom from the SAHM life is!!! I have been married to my wonderful husband for ten years. I enjoy scrapbooking, reading, camping, doing various crafts and spending time with my family. I completed my Doula training in fall of 2004 and had the opportunity to attend a few other births. I really enjoy attending births and assisting women during this amazing time.I have expanded on my doula work by working privately for a family post-partum, 2 days a week. This keeps me busy, but I know that this is not my forever job. However now that my kids are both in school, I have started to think about "what I want to be when I grow up!!" Zaar is an addiction started by my good friend,Pamela and has spread to include several other friends.