Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the season for zucchini and here's another recipe to try. This is from the label of a Campbell's soup can many years ago.....
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- In 2 quart shallow baking dish (12x8x2) combine all ingredients except stuffing mix and butter.
- Toss stuffing mix with butter, spoon over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot.
I liked the idea of this casserole but was looking for something a little 'dryer' since zucchini can be so watery when cooked. I ended up with a casserole that was watery on the bottom and dry on the top. I will certainly make this again because it is easy and I've got a million zucchini in the garden but next time, I'm going to mix the stuffing in with everything so that it will absorb the moisture from the zucchini.