Recipe by pink cook
I love to cook fresh zucchini and adding these six good ingredients makes a delicious and easy dinner casserole to please the entire family. Enjoy.
Top Review by CJAY
Good job! This is so simple to make and tastes great. I added garlic but followed the rest as written. I served this over penne pasta with a salad and garlic bread. Very enjoyable meal. Thanks for the great idea. Good luck in the contest.
- 2 medium zucchini, fresh cut in 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, jarred with tomatoes, onions and chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with chopped onions, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is well cooked.
- Add jarred salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer in low heat for another 10 minutes until flavors blend.
- Add the zucchini chunks. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but not too soft.
- NOTE: this is a versatile casserole with 6 basic ingredients for a budget or low calorie dish, but every person can add some other ingredients to their own taste like: ground turkey, ground or shredded chicken instead of the ground beef, corn or cheese. Also can be serve it with rice, spaghetti or any other pasta, in tacos or burritos, etc. Hope you enjoy it in any way you make it.
- I want to thank all of you for trying my recipe and for posting these good reviews and suggestions.