I love to cook fresh zucchini and adding these six good ingredients makes a delicious and easy dinner casserole to please the entire family. Enjoy.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onions, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is well cooked.
- Add jarred salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer in low heat for another 10 minutes until flavors blend.
- Add the zucchini chunks. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but not too soft.
- NOTE: this is a versatile casserole with 6 basic ingredients for a budget or low calorie dish, but every person can add some other ingredients to their own taste like: ground turkey, ground or shredded chicken instead of the ground beef, corn or cheese. Also can be serve it with rice, spaghetti or any other pasta, in tacos or burritos, etc. Hope you enjoy it in any way you make it.
- I want to thank to all of you for trying my recipe and for posting these good reviews.
Good job! This is so simple to make and tastes great. I added garlic but followed the rest as written. I served this over penne pasta with a salad and garlic bread. Very enjoyable meal. Thanks for the great idea. Good luck in the contest.
I really wasn't expecting as much flavor as this delivered. Five common pantry ingredients exceeded my expectations and was easy to prepare. I used a chunky salsa with medium spiciness and served with flour tortillas to roll into "make your own" burritoes. Thank you for sharing your recipe & good luck in the contest!
Mmmm, this was very tasty and was just up my street I am low carbing and this is perfect, not just that my DH just loved it and he usually turns his nose up at what I am eating but not this he loved it. I used a salsa that was quite hot we like hot in fact we like very hot and it was very hot and the cumin gives it a nice bit of extra flavour. thank you for posting it was very easy to prepare, and so good to eat, I will definitely make this again. I would like to wish you the very best of luck in the competition, I think it's a winner