Zucchini and Ground Beef Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 4 large zucchini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini into strips, 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat oil, add garlic and onion and cook until vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Add meat and brown, stirring to keep meat crumbly.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, wine, oregano, thyme, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer, uncovered for 1-1/2 hours.
- Place half of zucchini strips inside of an oiled, shallow casserole.
- Top with half of the mozzarella and half of the ricotta.
- Add half of the meat sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.