Easy Zucchini and Ground Beef Pizza Casserole
This is a fast and really tasty dish! You can use your own favorite pizza sauce for this, I use my own recipe #65641.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 cups unpeeled shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce (tomato sauce, with 1/4 tsp. each, oregano and basil)
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt.
- Let drain for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan cheese, and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Press into greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper; drain any fat, and add/mix the tomato sauce; spoon over baked zucchini mixture.
- Top with remaining cheeses, and sprinkle with green pepper.
- Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes more.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I can't believe I have never reviewed this recipes as I've been making it for years! I make it as written and the whole family loves it. It helps to get rid of the massive zucchini surplus that I have every year during gardening season. For such a simple recipe, it definitely packs in the flavor. The only variation I make sometimes is that I will use salsa instead of spaghetti sauce and cook up the beef like taco meat for a Mexican inspired meal. Another great recipe, Kitten!Reply
see 29 more