Recipe by Kizzikate
I found this in an old cookbook- Food Editors' Favorites, Treasured Recipes. Thank heavens, because when zucchini is in season, there's never enough recipes to use it all! Cooking time includes chilling overnight.
Top Review by happyhousewife
I served this at a BBQ I had recently. Although I didn't care much for it myself, my guests really enjoyed it!! I liked that it was make ahead. But don't put the zucchini on the lettuce till the last minute, as it is pretty wet and will make your lettuce soggy.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup bottled Catalina dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 4 -6 cups fresh salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in olive oil. Add zucchini and stir-fry until just tender. Discard garlic clove.
- Remove zucchini from pan into a large bowl. Add sugar to pan, then add olives, almonds, vinegar, chili sauce, dressing, and all dry ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring to blend flavors.
- Pour sauce over zucchini; toss lightly. Cover and chill overnight.
- Serve on salad greens.