Zippy Potato Salad
I adapted my own potato salad a wee bit to the ingredients list for Craze-E 6/09. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic scape, if available
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced & mashed well
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard, grainy is my favorite
- Cube potatoes & boil in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Sprinkle with cider vinegar - a little at a time, s & p. Stir & repeat until evenly but lightly distributed. Chill.
- Stir in chopped vegetables & eggs.
- Whisk together the chipotle, mayonnaise, yogurt & mustard. Stir into salad. Taste for seasoning and add s&p if necessary.
- Chill until serving time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A cery nice potato salad, which we did really enjoy. I did not add the garlic scape, as I was not sure what this was. I also did not use chipotle chile in adobo as peppers are not a favourite with this family. As suggested I used grainy mustard and which gave a nice flavour and texture to the salad. I did add some herbs to the mayonnaise mix and used chives and parsley for garnish. This family enjoyed it very much. Thanks Elmotoo.Reply
Very, very good potato salad. It would have been nice to have been told what garlic scape was (the Zaar Kitchen Dictionary just brought up the generic 'garlic' entry) and to have been offered a substitution as the 1/4 cup would obviously be fundamental to flavour. To compensate for its unavailability, I used more of the crisp green part of spring onions and 1 very large garlic clove, minced, to introduce the garlic element to the salad. I think when you list an ingredient that may be difficult to find for many, it is wise to offer a sub. Really liked the flavour and heat element provided by the chipotle. Good work incorporating the contest ingredients, chef!Reply
see 1 more