Zesty Herbed Potato Wedges for Grill or Stove Top
Entered for safe-keeping. From Womans World 6/09/08. Uses microwave and grill or stovetop.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8-10 minutes.
TO FINISH ON GRILL:
- Add onion wedges to potatoes; toss to coat with oil.
- Grill potatoes and onion over indirect heat, covered, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine remaining 1 Tablespoon oil with vinegar, parsley, zest, paprika and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add potatoes and onion; toss gently to coat.
TO FINISH ON STOVE:
- Microwave potatoes as directed in steps 1-3.
- In large nonstick skillet, in additional 1 teaspoon oil, cook onion over medium heat, turning occasionally, until almost tender, 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes; cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more