- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups california zinfandel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 oranges, segments cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup currants
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cranberries, sugar, Zinfandel, cinnamon, orange peel, and orange segments in an electric slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until at least half of the cranberries pop, 5 to 7 hours.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, and stir in the currants.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill.
- Refrigerated in a covered container, the cranberries will keep for up to 3 weeks.