Ocean Spray Fresh Cranberry Orange Relish
This is a very refreshing recipe I have used for years. It comes from the bag of Ocean Spray Cranberries bought in the grocery store. This time of year cranberries are plentiful where I live (in fact I have a huge bag 21 pounds in the refrigerator) so right now I try to give new recipes a try before the fresh ones have to go into the freezer. Give it a try it goes great with your Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen, 1 12oz bag is also enough)
- 1 medium orange, quartered (ends removed)
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup sugar (or eqivalent artificial sweetener)
- Slice unpeeled orange into eighths and remove any seeds. Place half of the cranberries and half of the orange in food processor. Pulse until evenly chopped. Tranfer to a bowl and repeat with the other half of orange and cranberries. Stir in sugar to taste and store in refrigerator of freezer.
- You can also use a food grinder for the food processor step. The grinder is my preferred method, becaue that's how my Mom made it so many many years ago.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I was making this for the first time this evening. I used an old fashioned food grinder which I must have done incorrectly. Some of the berries did not chop and there is a LOT of juice from the orange. It tasted good but looked more pulverized than chopped/relish. Question is...if I'm still unhappy after 24 hrs., could I COOK this and make sauce? Berries, orange, pecans and sugar are the only ingredients. Seems logical but.....thanks!