Baked Cranberry Relish
Easy to prepare ahead of time, baking the cranberries and sugar really brings out the flavor. Prep time does not include chilling after baking.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a lightly greased 2 qt baking dish, mix cranberries and sugar.
- Cover dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Stir in lemon juice, marmalade, and walnuts.
- Chill until serving time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is so easy and is delicious ~ and I learned it is very important to COVER the baking dish! :) For Christmas 2009, I made the recipe again with the added one teaspoon orange oil, and 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (not packed tight) ~ I forgot to cover the dish while baking, which resulted in less sauce, and the cranberries were more candied ~ I added the toasted walnuts and orange marmalade, and the juice of one large lemon. * * * * * First review: For Thanksgiving 2009, I made this per the recipe, but added one teaspoon orange oil to the cranberries before baking ~ it was delicious, but a little too sweet!Reply
see 7 more