Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe makes a very delicious ground beef casserole, and a tasty supper. Add a salad and garlic bread for a full meal. This recipe came in a church cookbook, and my family really enjoys this one!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope powdered spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown meat and onions, then drain. Stir in spaghetti mix and tomato sauce. Combine cheese and sour cream. Pour hot meat mixture into 9x13" greased baking dish.
- Spoon cheese mixture over the top. Seperate rolls into two rectangles and place on top.
- Combine parmesan cheese and butter and crumb evenly over dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-25 minutes.
- Great served with French bread and a salad.
This had a beautiful golden crust when it came out of the oven. I did increase the cooking time about 7-8 minutes. The crusty top was a nice contrast to the rest of the dish. This was easy to make and good, but for our tastes, something was missing. I thought perhaps adding some mushrooms would enhance this dish. My husband thinks adding some diced celery for a little texture would be a nice addition. All in all a good weeknight meal that has potential to be so much more! I think we will play around with this one a bit. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 08.