Recipe by codergrlli
This is a quick dinner that freshens up an a typical dinner favorite. It adds some zest to chicken cutlets
Top Review by nemokitty
What a yummy tasting chicken!! I only used 2 breasts so I cut the sauce way down and cooked it for 20 minutes. I also didn't thicken it with cornstarch. Delicious!! Made for New Kids on the Block Zaar Tag Game 2011.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (your choice hot or mild)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the breasts in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk remaining ingredients (except cornstarch) together until they are well blended.
- Pour over the breasts.
- Coat both sides of the breasts with the sauce.
- Bake in 400°F oven for approx 30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove breasts, keep warm pour the sauce into a sauce pan stir in the cornstarch that has been mixed with a tbsp of water, bring to a boil and allow to thicken whisk constantly.
- Pour over the chicken & serve.