Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
As published in an Arizona newspaper courtesy of Chef Marc Janiec of Z'Tejas Grill. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canned chipotle chiles, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 12 ounces berries, any variety
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine melted butter, cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a springform pan.
- Bake 5 minutes in a 350F degree oven.
- Whisk the sour cream, chipotles, brown sugar and zest in a separate bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer and add to the sour cream mixture; stir to combine.
- Set aside.
- Slice the pineapple into large wedges, making sure to remove the"eyes".
- Grill until the pineapple pieces have achieved good grill marks.
- Let cool, then slice into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pie crust.
- Arrange berries over the cream cheese mixture, then arrange the pineapple over the berries.
- Melt the jelly and water in a saucepan; stir until smooth.
- Brush the mixture over the pineapple.
- Chill well in the refrigerator before serving.