Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Great dipping sauce or grilling sauce! Sweet and spicy and smoky all at the same time! Enjoy!
Top Review by Vicki in CT
A perfect blend of zippy and sweet, my personal favorite. Served over cooked chicken breast. Forgive me, but I'm too lazy to strain out the seeds and find they add a special touch. Also subbed Bufalo brand chipotle sauce vs. whole chile so did not use a food processor. Great sauce. It reminds me very much of Recipe #234224.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ruby port
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, from a 7 ounce can more to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- (You can use the adobo the chilies are packed in if you like. It will make it hotter!).
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool a little if desired.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and blend until sauce is smooth. I use my immersion blender.
- Remove seeds from sauce using a fine mesh strainer if desired.