1 hr 30 mins
Bama Chef's Note:
I know there are lots of other goulash recipes out there, but I particularly like this one because of the bacon and kidney beans. It doesn't call for any particular seasoning, but I like to add Italian seasoning and minced garlic. I also like to double the recipe and freeze 1 dish for a later date, although doubling this recipe is hard to do unless you have a really large pot! If you choose to freeze it, I would do so prior to baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 green peppers, cut up
- 2 large onions
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (I like diced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (I used 1/2 cup fresh)
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning (estimate)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (estimate)
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1Fry bacon and cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- 2Brown ground beef/turkey, onions, and green peppers in a large skillet.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, mushrooms, Italian Seasoning, and garlic.
- 4Cover and cook at medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in bacon and cooked macaroni.
- 6Place in lightly-greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- 7Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 1494.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: