Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert makes a really yummy treat
- 1 angel food cake
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 8 large butterfinger candy bars
- crumble up angel food cake.
- freeze candybars ahead of time- leave wrappers on.
- crush bars- with wrappers on.
- Cream butter, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
- gently add Cool Whip.
- in a 9 x 13 inch pan, spread out 1/2 angel food cake.
- next layer 1/2 creamed mixture.
- next sprinkle 1/2 Butterfingers.
- Repeat and serve.
I was just about to post a very similar recipe when I saw this one. The only difference with mine is that I whip up my own unsweetened whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. Even with the unsweetened whipped cream it is still a very rich dessert, and a little too sweet for my personal taste. But it is always well received and eaten right up!
I highly recommend this recipe for anyone looking for an easy, rich dessert. I have made it 3 times for get togethers in the past 2 months, and have gotten raves each time. To dress it up, I layered it in a trifle bowl, and I also substituted french vanilla Cool Whip, just as a different flavor.