Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This was my ex father in law's recipe for Yorkshire puddings. He was a career cook in the Canadian military. These always turn out light and crispy. Great with a roast dinner and lots of gravy!
- Beat the eggs together until light.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients well.
- Let stand, covered for 1 hour.
- (This is a really important step) Fill muffin tins 1/4 full of oil or drippings and put into a hot oven until the fat is sizzling hot.
- (450*F) Fill each muffin cup half full of batter, Place in a 450*F oven and bake for 20 minutes, gradually lowering the oven temperature every 5 minutes by 25 degrees until puffed, crispy and brown.
Made these today and they turned out great! Followed the recipe to the letter and they turned out to be the best yorkshire puddings I've ever made. Never seen them rise to high! Next time I might just try a little less oil in the muffins tins...Will definitely make these again
I just made these and they were great. They rose so well and went perfectly with pot roast. Thanks for such a great recipe.
Worked great - I skipped the room temperature part and they still turned out absolutely perfect. Thank you for a great recipe!