Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We got some great smoked whitefish from a local place and wanted to make a dip. Here is the result. It was a hit with our guests.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb shredded smoked whitefish (any type of smoked fish should work)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened. I microwaved for 25 seconds to soften
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients to desired consistency.
- Chill and enjoy.
The horseradish is the key here. I followed the recipe exactly the first time I made it. (loved it) The second time I did a variation. I had whitefish salad in the house. Added a little less cream cheese. No Mayo and just a small amount of sour cream. It may have even been better. Definitely easier due to not having to take the bones out of the whitefish. I served it with diced cucumbers, chopped tomatoes (both minus the seeds) and tostito scoops. Yum. Thank you. Next time I may just try it hot.
This was delicious. Leave it to a Michigander to get the right mix. I did a slight variation that turned out really good: I didn't have FF sour cream so I substituted FF ranch dip. Yum.