Recipe by Tea Jenny
A nice spicy dish. Posted for ZWT#6 2010
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
We really enjoyed this quite a bit, plus I could use up all my leftover couscous. We used a meat substitute (beefless strips), and substituted vegetable broth for the beef broth. This was not too spicy, maybe it could have been a bit more spicy, but BF and I liked it fine the way it was. Super easy for a weeknight supper with a salad or green veggie. Made for ZWT VI!
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise sliced crosswise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 340.19 g lean lamb or 340.19 g beef, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml coriander
- 0.59 ml allspice
- 1 salt, if desired to taste
- 1 fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 236.59 ml couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley leaves, minced fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil, and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the lamb or beef, and sauté the meat, stirring it often, just brown the strips on all sides.
- Stir in the broth, oregano, cumin, coriander, allspice, salt, and pepper, and cook the mixture a few minutes longer.
- Serve the meat mixture, sprinkled with parsley, over the hot couscous.