Raclette (Potatoes and Cheese from Switzerland)
- Ready In:
- Scrub the potatoes, but do not peel them. Use the tip of a knife to cut out any eyes.
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water. Bring it to the boil and cook them for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the cheese into thin slices.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked by pushing a sharp knife into one. It should come out easily.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool a little. Cut them in half. Lay the cheese onto the cut side of each potato.
- Put the potatoes under the broiler (or onto a grill rack) and cook until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.