1/1 Photo of Yellow Squash & Tomatoes Casserole
This is from a local restaurant that has since closed after MANY years. I came across the old cookbook during the move and thought it sounded good (I can't remember if I had ever eaten there).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced and half cooked
- 1/4 lb chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (tops and bottoms)
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste (or any favorite seasoning)
- 1Fry the bacon until crisp.
- 2Add onion, celery and green onions; saute until soft.
- 3Add tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup& bread crumbs.
- 4Mix with the squash.
- 5Place this mixture in baking dish; top with cheese.
- 6Bake for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Squash & Tomatoes Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 571.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: