This is from a local restaurant that has since closed after MANY years. I came across the old cookbook during the move and thought it sounded good (I can't remember if I had ever eaten there).
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced and half cooked
- 1⁄4 lb chopped bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (tops and bottoms)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste (or any favorite seasoning)
- Fry the bacon until crisp.
- Add onion, celery and green onions; saute until soft.
- Add tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup& bread crumbs.
- Mix with the squash.
- Place this mixture in baking dish; top with cheese.
- Bake for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees.