Chicken Yellow Squash Casserole
photo by Ragnar
- Ready In:
- Cook chicken, cool and remove from bone.
- Bring squash to boil in broth and cook 8 minutes.
- Drain and combine all vegetables.
- Combine sour cream, soup and salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and veggies.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9x13” baking dish.
- Combine stuffing and butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
I made something very similar years ago, but had to google the recipe. I found everything I need (cheaply) at Aldi. I don't think I'd used carrots, but they sound like a great addition! I also have some fresh dill I bought for another recipe (roasted dilly carrots), so I'll add that too. Why do fresh herbs cost so much, and you have to buy way more than you need? Anyway, I'm making this Sunday night when my son comes over, and I know this will make enough that I can freeze a portion of it and either have it another day, or give to a needy or sick neighbor. Thank you!
We had so much squash this summer, I was seeking something different to do with it. I made this casserole, and my honey said he could eat it every night! I have shared it with friends, and my daughters. It has been marked "super-special!" I have made it three times in the past month, and it makes enough for feed the 2 of us for three nights!