Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this recipe was given to me from my neighbor and she got it from a friend that she went to church with. we all love it and it is a great way to get you kids to eat their squash
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded yellow squash or 2 1⁄2 cups white squash
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 9 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon extract
- Blend margarine, sugar, eggs, and milk.
- Add cake mix and cream (milk) gradually.
- Then add shredded squash and lemon extract.
- Blend well.
- Grease and flour 2 round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until lightly brown.
- Serve hot with ice cream or cool and eat plain.