Prep 12 hrs
Cook 6 mins
*taste just like raised yeast doughnuts!* Someone posted this recipe about a year or two ago on another site and I have been making it since.. it's really good!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt,c innamon and yeast; mix well.
- Add vanilla, milk, butter and egg till well blended.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over med high heat.
- Stir batter with a whisk and pour or scoop batter onto griddle, using approximately 1/4 C for each pancakes.
- Brown on both sides, serve hot.
anything the frug makes is worth 5 stars thanks for posting i miss him he was a good cook
I found this recipe on another site and made it this past wkend for my boys who adore both doughnuts and pancakes. It sounded so good but didn't taste anything like donuts to any of us and was not really well received. Sorry to give this a low rating. I followed the recipe exactly so I have no idea why it turned out so poorly.