1/2 Photos of Ya Makin' Curry Goat
3 hrs 30 mins
Jamaican Curry Goat. It was delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and drain goat. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, tomato, 1/2 teaspoon curry, cumin, cilantro, and ketchup. Mix well and marinade in fridge for at least 2 hours
- 2In a coated pot on medium/high heat, saute onion and garlic.
- 3Add the pepper and 1 1/2 tbsp curry and cook about 2 minutes, until it's really thick.
- 4Add 1/4 cup of water and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Keep stirring.
- 5Raise heat and add goat, stirring to coat the meat. Cover and simmer.
- 6Add 3 cups of water to the bowl that had the goat and set aside.
- 7Stir every few minutes for about 25 minutes, remove lid and turn up the heat. When you can stir and see the bottom without any liquid, add the water. Bring to boil, turn heat to low.
- 8Cover cook for about 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. If needed, turn up the heat to thicken the gravy, being careful not to burn.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ya Makin' Curry Goat
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 32.0 g