1/2 Photos of Xiao Sun Zi Chao Rou Mo (Slender Bamboo Shoots With Ground Pork)
Healthy bamboo shoots pepped up with pork and spices; a creation of Chef Fuchsia Dunlop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces bamboo shoots, cut in thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 ounces ground pork (or substitute any ground meat such as turkey,beef or even veggie crumbles)
- 1 teaspoon shaoxing wine or 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock or 3 tablespoons water
- 3 thinly sliced scallions, green parts only
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1Heat a wok over medium heat with just a smear of peanut oil; add the bamboo shoots and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are dry and a little fragrant; set aside.
- 2Increase the temperature to high and add the remaining peanut oil; add the garlic and fresh and dried chiles and stir-fry briefly until fragrant. Tip in the pork and continue to stir-fry until it's cooked through and chages color, splashing in the wine as you go and adding salt to taste.
- 3Return the bamboo shoots to the wok, and when everything's hot and sizzly, add the vinegar, soy sauce and more salt to taste. Add the stock or water and stir for 1-2 minutes longer to allow the flavors to penetrate the shoots. Toss in the scallions at the end of the cooking time.
- 4Turn off the heat, stir in the sesame oil and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Xiao Sun Zi Chao Rou Mo (Slender Bamboo Shoots With Ground Pork)
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: