Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is out of one of my old weight watchers cookbooks called "Two's Company". It is excellent! Easy and quick to fix and only has 8 points for 1 1/4 cups plus cheese. Hope you enjoy! Happy eating!
- 1⁄2 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup bottled pizza sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot large cooked elbow macaroni, cooked without salt and fat (about 2 ozs uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook meat in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain and return meat to skillet.
- Add pizza sauce, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni; cook 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
This made a great quick weeknight meal out of things I always have on hand. I used ground turkey instead of beef and added some chopped red bell pepper. I doubled this to serve 3 (with 1 serving left for lunch :) ) and we really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
I did the recipe for 4 serving. I used lean ground beef. I used frozen pizza sauce which had pesto in it. I didn't have enough, so I added 14 ounces of diced tomatoes and added a big tablespoon of pesto. I didn't use salt. This was very good with the addition of pesto. Thanks Teresa. Made for 123 hit wonders
We did not care for this. It was much too plain for our tastes. Even though there is pizza sauce in the recipe, I thought it could have used some additional spices and we also thought it would have tasted better with mozarella cheese instead of cheddar.