Ww Pasta With White Clam Sauce - 7 Pts
photo by last1on
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups pasta (linguine, about 12 oz uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- Drain clams, reserving juice.
- Set clams and juice aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; saute' 2 minutes or until golden (do not allow to burn or garlic will be bitter).
- Add reserved clam juice, bottled clam juice, basil, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- Add clams and lemon juice; cook 3 minutes or until clams are thoroughly heated.
- Combine pasta and clam sauce in a large bowl.
- Add chopped parsley, lemon rind, salt, and pepper; toss well.
- Spoon 1 cup pasta into each of 6 individual shallow bowls, dividing clam sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp Parmesan cheese over each serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I didn't make this for the purpose of Ww, I'm just a huge fan of pasta with white clam sauce and this recipe doesn't disappoint, the lemon really gives this great flavor. I made as written but scaled it down for 1 serving and omitted the bottle of clam juice as there was plenty of juice in the can of clams. This will be added to my clam sauce rotation and "Best of 2012 Cookbook" as well, thanks! Made for 123HITS *APRIL 2012*
So glad I found this recipe. Made this for family last night and even my grandsons liked this. They couldn't believe this was WW. The lemon juice and red pepper flakes really enhanced the favors. I think the next time I won't add a bottle of clam juice. I think it's juicy enough for the sauce without it. Also I just put the parm cheese out in a bowl and we used less than the recipe called for. Sooooo good and I will definitely be making this again and again.
I really enjoyed this dish TeresaS. It was light and fresh, chocked full of flavors. I really enjoy clams with pasta. I love the addition of basil and lemon to this dish. It was quick and so easy to make and was on the tablie in less than 20 minutes. Made exactly as written using Bucatini Noodles. Thanks for sharing this winner.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>