Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe I got at a Weight Watchers meeting. Since this makes 1 serving I usually double or triple the recipe.
- 1 (2 ounce) chicken breasts (cut in half if needed)
- 1⁄4 cup thin spaghetti, broken up into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄8 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup celery, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 dash dried parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Sauté in a bit of cooking spray.
- Heat broth, pasta, herbs, carrots, celery, and salt and pepper together.
- Add chicken.
- Simmer until noodles are tender.
- Season to taste.
Been having some cruddy weather lately--rainy and cold. Chicken noodle soup has always been a soothing comforting food and I was in serious need of it. I was attracted to this recipe because it doesn't make a huge amount. I doubled it for two servings and that worked out very well. I would call this simple, easy, tasty, and healthy--plus it satisfied my craving. Thanks for posting.
I more than tripled this recipe using Crock-pot chicken. Chicken broth that I had frozen and whole wheat spaghetti. Then made the soup just like the recipe stated. This makes a delicious soup that I will be making often. Thank you Sheila for posting this yummy soup!
When looking for a fast, simple chicken noodle soup to do, Then this is your recipe to make TRUE!