Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Why, you ask? because spinach provides a wealth of vitamins and minerals, as well as carotenoid and flavonoid phytonutrients, which provide powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection. A one cup serving of cooked spinach contains 1110% of the daily value (DV) for vitamin K, 295% DV for vitamin A, 29% DV for vitamin C, 35% DV for iron and 24% DV for calcium.Why would anyone want to eat seaweed? Because sea vegetables offer the broadest range of minerals of any food, containing virtually all the minerals found in the ocean--the same minerals that are found in human blood. Sea vegetables are a very good source of the B-vitamin folate, and magnesium, and a good source of iron, calcium, and the B-vitamins riboflavin and pantothenic acid. In addition, seaweeds contain good amounts of lignans, plant compounds with cancer-protective properties.(facts from: www.whfoods.com)
- 3 -4 cups homemade chicken broth (no salt)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (saute until light brown, chopped very fine (to taste)
- 10 pieces fresh seaweed, dryed & seasoned. (small rectangles, I use "Korean Seolak Layer", cost is $ .99 cents for 1.58oz. package)
- 6 -8 cups fresh spinach (washed in mild vinegar solution)
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced thin include green part
- Heat chicken broth to a boil, turn off heat.
- (you may add 3 very thin slices of ginger).
- Add remaining ingredients and cover.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, stir and serve.
- To Your Health!