Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
emailed to me.. haven't tried, but looks very close to how I do it. I add about 2 Tbsp oyster flavored sauce to the pork mixture.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork tenderloin
- 8 medium shrimp, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 32 ounces no-salt-added chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ground pork and brown until no longer pink. Add chopped shrimp, ginger root, soy sauce and cilantro and continue cooking 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is no longer opaque. Cool slightly.
- Place a small amount of water in a bowl to use for sealing wontons. Place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water, fold top corner of wonton wrapper over filling and press firmly to seal. (Don't add too much filling or wontons will be difficult to fold. Folded wonton resembles a triangle.).
- Hold filled wonton by the tip of the triangle with the longest side down. Gently wrap corners around filling, moisten with water and gently pinch to seal. (It may take a couple tries to get this right -- finished wonton resembles a "nurses hat.") Set wontons aside on a plate and continue with remaining wontons.
- Place broth in a large pot and bring to a light boil. Add wontons individually and cook until the float, about 1 or 2 minutes. Add green onion and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 wontons and 8 ounces broth.