1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1Melt 1/4 cup butter in a Dutch oven; add shrimp, and cook 3-5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 2Remove shrimp and set aside.
- 3Add chicken and sausage to pan; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 5Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in Dutch oven; add mushrooms, and saute 5 minutes; add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- 6Whisk in flour; and cook whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- 7Add broth, milk, and wine; cook whisking constantly 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire and shrimp.
- 9Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- 10Stir in chicken mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.6
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 416.3 mg
- Sodium 1226.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 56.4 g