Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a Dutch oven; add shrimp, and cook 3-5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add chicken and sausage to pan; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in Dutch oven; add mushrooms, and saute 5 minutes; add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk in flour; and cook whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, and wine; cook whisking constantly 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire and shrimp.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- Stir in chicken mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This was a nice recipe to use up some leftover chicken. I did have to add some salt to the sauce as it just seemed to need it. I served the stroganoff over noodles with salad and rolls for an easy meal.