Recipe by Renegade Chef
This one's a bit different than other recipes with a similar name. Found on the back of a Wilton cake pan label.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries or 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped
- strawberry (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- For the crust:.
- Lightly spray 13x9 pan with vegetable spray.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, lemon rind, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Stir in butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For the filling:.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla and lemon rind; blend until mixed.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Pour mixture into baked crust and bake for 45-50 minutes, just until the center is firm to the touch.
- Turn the oven off and leave the pan inside to cool for 30 minutes with the door closed.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into 3-inch squares and garnish with extra strawberries if desired.